Question by Brandi A: In mourning over our cat. Did we do the right thing and how long will it take to feel better?
Our Siamese mix boy,Lyndon,passed away Sunday night.We have 2 rescue dogs and 4 cats that are all spayed/neutered,shots,etc.We thought we are responsbile,loving pet parents.
Sunday night we heard a “boom” from our spare bedroom. It has hardwood floors and an entertainment center is stored in there. He was laying passed in front of it w/a broken neck.My husband tried CPR,but it was too late. We think he had a 1inamillion freak fall. He wasn’t poisoned,there was only 1 lamp plugged in & cord not chewed.We chose not to have an autopsy as we did not want him cut open & there was nothing wrong with him that could pose a threat to our other pets.
Did we do the right thing or should we have had an autopsy?
Also,even tho we have other pets,the house seems empty.We have both cried every day & I HATE when people say”it was only a cat” after asking what was wrong.He was our fave and always slept with us.We’ll never forget him,but when,if ever,will the pain lessen?He’s buried at family cem.
Answer by idyllsend
I am very sorry for your loss and I could completely understand. Pets become like children pretty much. I have lost cats and dogs in the past and it is very hard. We get so used to their presence and the quirky things they do, and then they’re gone.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Two Siamese Cats
Image by Steve Gilham
Pedigree Siamese cats prowling in our garden, in between hunting expeditions.
We walked into our office on a very hot Australian day and found our Siamese under the fan just kind of hanging out.